College Medical Academy Program is a highly selective program for outstanding underrepresented students (college freshmen, sophomore, or juniors) pursuing a four-year college degree in STEM or enrolled in an accredited four-year Pre-Medical degree program. Ideal applicants possess strong aspirations to enter the medicine field as a primary care or public health physician of any medical specialty. They must also have a keen interest in serving underserved or marginalized communities. Recipients must commit to the TPI medical professional career path with the intent of helping to alleviate clinician shortage in underserved communities.
• Mentorship and coaching to premedical and medical students
• Financial assistance to premedical and medical students
• Paid clinical shadowing and research opportunities for premedical students
• Assistance with medical school application and interview preparation
• Science Foundation Courses, including MCAT preparatory courses and study materials
•Early and ongoing leadership training
• Demonstrate significant financial need, eligible for the Pell Grant
• Low-income blue-collar White, African American, Hispanic or Latinx
• A U.S. citizen or permanent resident
• Minimum GPA of 3.6 out of 4.0
• College freshmen, sophomore, or junior pursuing a four-year college degree in STEM or enrolled in an accredited four-year Pre-Medical degree program
• Demonstrate high academic achievement in biological or science
Programs are currently unavailable. For more information on program start date, duration and
teaching faculty or to apply, please visit this program page in the Fall of 2021.