The High School Medical Academy Program is open to high school juniors and seniors who intend to enroll in a four-year Pre-Medical college in the fall immediately following high school graduation. Ideal applicants demonstrate persistence, leadership, and a desire to be a role model and mentor other students in underserved communities. Recipients must commit to the TPI medical professional career path.
• Mentorship and support in science education for 10th – 12th grade students from disadvantaged backgrounds
• Summer Science Foundation courses
• Summer study skills workshops and leadership training
• Personal counseling
• Scholarships and grants
• Demonstrate significant financial need, eligible for the Pell Grant
• Low-income, blue-collar White, African American, Hispanic, or Latinx
• A U.S. citizen or permanent resident
• Minimum GPA of 3.5 out of 4.0
• Participation in an approved college readiness / college access program in grades 11 and 12
Programs are currently unavailable. For more information on program start date, duration and teaching faculty or to apply, please visit this program page in the Fall of 2021.